Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dickens of a Christmas

It never fails that every time some cool outing or party comes up, another one gets scheduled for the same day.  This time, I was invited for the first time to a ladies' Christmas dinner and gift swap with the ladies at my new work.  I was excited about going and getting to know them all better.  Then we found out that Dickens of a Christmas would be the same night, Dec 3.  So how did we handle it? 

I went to the work party for about 30 minutes and then came home and Vince, Evan, Barbara, & Jerry, & I all went to the wet and cold Dickens of a Christmas event in downtown Spartanburg.  We get invited each year to the United Way Young Leaders event, which is held indoors (out of the icky weather).  They had a great view of the lighting of the tree and they have a fabulous Santa Claus!  Evan checked out Santa and had his picture made.





No comments:

Post a Comment