Sunday, January 1, 2017

Pre-Christmas Festivities

This was the first Christmas in my life that I would not be spending it with my parents or siblings. Vince's work schedule did not allow us the time off to travel to Florida to be with them. We have done Christmas in Florida every other year for the past 10 years. In fact, that's where we were when we got engaged on Christmas week while on a cruise. I wanted to fix the traditional Christmas dinner so we had our dinner a week and a half before Christmas with Kim, Elise, my parents, and Barbara & Jerry. It turned out great. I cooked the turkey in the large roaster, and cooked the ham in the crock pot. Both were put on a table on the back porch so the boys wouldn't get to them. I fixed sweet potato soufflé, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, yeast rolls, fruit salad, and pumpkin pie. I also made divinity, cake pops, and cookies during the week.








We ran into Santa Claus during a few outings as well. Evan's therapy shop hosted activities and Santa one night, and both boys were able to participate.


 Our Down Syndrome support group (BUDS) hosted a Christmas dinner as well. They invited Mr. and Mrs. Claus to visit.

 The Piedmont Club hosted a family night and also invited Mr. & Mrs. Claus.


We had no shortages of Santa pictures this year! We saw him during Thanksgiving weekend as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment