Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trip to Ellijay

Last weekend, Vince & I took a trip to Ellijay, GA. Just the two of us went to stay in the house his parents have there. It was no nice and relaxing. The weather was just perfect. I have tons of pictures to upload, but haven't had time to do so. We hiked down and up Amicalola Falls, which is 729 feet and over 600 stairs (1200 stairs since we went down then up). And we found a scarlet king snake that was about 3 feet long or so. In fact we almost sat on it. Very pretty snake, but I did not pet it.

We bought some peaches at a local peach farm and enjoyed a fried peach pie and some fresh smoothies. The community pool was the perfect temperature late Saturday afternoon. We swam for about an hour and then chilled out in the mountain home.

On Sunday, we drove through Helen, GA. I had never been there before. It's much like a mini Gatlinburg. Lots of cute stores, good German restaurants, fudge shops, and more. Since we were driving home, we didn't rent inner tubes and float down the river, but maybe next time we can. It looked really fun and reminded me of cave tubing in Belize.

Our last stop Sunday afternoon was at Toccoa Falls. It was a really tall and beautiful waterfall. I had never seen it before either. There are so many pretty little places to visit in Georgia.

Pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment