Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Sleepless Nights
Evan had us spoiled by sleeping through the night starting at 10 weeks old. Alex has not been quite as easy as that, but he does sleep at night and has since he was born. I've been very blessed to have two babies that know when to sleep. However, Alex loves to eat more and gets up frequently in the night. He finally got over the curve last week and slept five straight nights from 9pm to about 5am. This week he's gone back to 3:30am and 4am, so a little regression. I attribute that to a growth spurt (I hope). Starting next week, he will be four months old and we can start the rice cereal. I'll be eager to see if that helps him sleep through the night better.
Evan continues to sleep through the night from about 9pm to 6:30am. He's a wild sleeper and tosses, turns, kicks, and moves all night long. We try to cover him up to keep him warm on the cold nights, but the blanket is tossed within the first hour's sleep. I put two layers of pajamas on him to act as his blanket.
For Alex, I put his onesie and sleeper on him, then a fleece bag sleeper. He's a noisy sleeper and grunts and talks some in his sleep. I remember with Evan, I had to listen for a change in breathing to know when he was awake. With Alex, he lets you know five minutes before he's fully awake with his grunts and groans.
Here's hoping we have a full 8 hours to 10 hours of sleep very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
unfortunately, I think Alex's nighttime behavior is much more common among babies than Evan's! I was spoiled with Jaina, too :)
ReplyDelete