Monday, April 7, 2014

Alex is 3 Months Old

Happy 3 months old to Alex! I was hoping to post that Alex was now sleeping soundly through the night. Evan started sleeping through the night at ten weeks old, so I had high hopes for Alex. He does sleep well, but still has his moments. Last week he slept from about 8:30pm to 4:30am, even 6am one night. But for the last three nights, he's been up around 2:30am for another feeding. So he has regresses some on the long stretches of sleep. I'm hoping it's just a temoporary growth spurt and he'll be back on track soon. Alex is a good baby overall. He is happy and coos all the time now. He can reach up and grab his toys and makes good eye contact. His smiles are so cute and he almost has a laugh now. He has found his fingers to suck on and puts them in his mouth a lot, but loves the pacifier more.
Evan is still rough with him, as he wants to pinch or grab everything (toes, fingers, etc.), so we are still cautious and don't put Alex within Evan's reach unless supervised. And by supervised, I mean holding his hands tightly so he can't pinch Alex. We try to show him how to touch Alex gently, but have a ways to go. Alex has been working on tummy time and kicks his legs so much, he can crawl over the boppy pillow and land on his head - just like Evan did! I see the Tumzee in his near future. He can also hold his head up really well, but still has a little wobbling. Alex drinks about four ounces now, every three to four hours. I'm eagerly anticipating the rice cereal I can start at four months old, hoping that will get him to sleep longer through the night.
We had fun with a new pacifier this past week.

1 comment: