Sunday, April 30, 2017

Published!

It's been a crazy few years, but I finally decided that I needed to publish a book that I wrote 3 years ago. I started writing it when Alex was first born. It took me three months to write Revenge with a Side of Bacon, which I feel is fairly fast. However, the editing process is quite tedious so I put it off for 3 years. I was bound and determined to finally do something with it this year. In December, I started the editing process. I also did loads of research on how to self-publish. I am not one to write letter after letter to publishing houses, only to be rejected. Self-publishing was difficult, but now that I've charted the waters, it will be much easier next time.

I chose CreateSpace, which is opened by Amazon. This method of self-publishing instantly puts my book available for purchase on Amazon and as an ebook on Kindle. The book is made to order so it takes about 1-2 weeks for processing time. I asked my cousin, Jason McCormack, to draft a cover photo for me. He did a great job!

I created a Facebook page and a Wordpress blog:
https://www.facebook.com/NightofRightSeries/?fref=nf
https://revengewithasideofbacon.wordpress.com/

It then took me a while to figure out how to publish in other formats. I finally settled on Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/711970 

This allows my book to be available in all methods, including Apple products and Barnes and Noble's Nook. 



One day, I'll finish the second fictional novel as a follow up to this one. On another day, I'll figure out how to market them. In the meantime, enjoy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment