He surprised me with a tour of Asheville called Eating Asheville. We went to 7 different restaurants to sample food and drinks. The food was amazing. There were so many dishes I would have never ordered, but partook because it was included. I have definitely opened my eyes to some new flavors that I really did enjoy.
We started at Bhamari's which is an eclectic type bar and restaurants. They gave us BBQ, roasted potatoes, duck cracklin and brussel sprouts.
We walked to each restaurant along with the other 18 folks in the tour and our tour guide. The second place was 67 Biltmore. This was more of a sandwich shop and they served us Chimichuri smoked pork topped with cilantro with beet salad along with hibiscus and cinnamon tea. I was not a fan of the tea.
Local Provisions provided us with turnips with green olives and almonds. It was surprisingly one of the tastiest things that day. I would've never ordered turnips.
The Rhu (short for rhubarb) prepared a city ham sandwich on sweet potato brioche with Gouda, balsamic, shallots, & mustard (the bread was fabulous). This was paired with an iced jasmine green tea that was disgusting.
The Blue Dream Curry House was another surprise. Yellow curry with coconut milk with red chilis and lemongrass was served. One again, this was something I never would've ordered, but it was very tasty.
Ben's was one of the last stops and they served fried Tofu with spicy ginger soy sauce. I would never order tofu but this was quite extraordinary -reminded me of fried cheese with a flavorful kick.
French Broad Chocolates was our dessert for the day. They served us samples of chocolate and truffles. The tour of the factory was a nice bonus!
I can't wait to go back to Asheville and order some of these items again! It was a lovely day to spend with my love, Vince.
Thanks to our parents for watching the boys!











No comments:
Post a Comment