Vince & I went to my 12 week ultrasound and appointment today. Technically, I'm 11w5d, but close enough. The ultrasound tech, Amy, is so nice and we had a great appointment. Today they measured the head to bottom (2 inches) and she said if we add the legs, the baby would be about 3 inches long. The heartbeat was 149. The baby was moving a lot and doing quite a bit of dancing around, moving legs and arms. Vince was able to videotape the whole ultrasound. And Amy told us with 90% certainty that it's a boy!
We saw our 2nd doctor out of the 5 we will see in the practice. She was nice and told us what to expect the next couple of visits. Also, since I'm of "advanced maternal age," she ordered us a high risk ultrasound at week 20 at Spartanburg Regional. They have a more sophisticated system that can detect 90% of birth defects. Their machine can only detect about 65% of defects, so this will be a much more thorough ultrasound, looking at the heart, umbilical cord, etc. I'm loving all the pictures, so I say bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment