Monday, August 22, 2011

Family Visits

This past week we had a few family visitors. Kim, Nathan, & Grayson stopped at our house on the way back to Virginia from Mississippi on Tuesday night. She brought us some BBQ from a great place in MS for dinner. We ate on our back patio and enjoyed the evening. They left the next morning.

Then on Thursday night, my parents and Elise stopped by on their way from Florida to Virginia. They stayed a bit longer until Saturday morning. I had 4 cakes and 24 cake pops to do for Friday and 1 for Saturday. So when they arrived Thursday evening, I was working madly to finish up the cakes. Everyone pitched in to cook dinner (we grilled out steaks) and we ate on the patio. I finished up the last cake around 9:30pm. Whew! I don't know why everyone always orders cakes on the same day.

On Friday night, we all went to Renato's Italian Restaurant, along with Vince's parents. It was a fabulous meal. We had reservations and got right in. It was much better than waiting 45 minutes for Olive Garden.
The other big thing this week was that I announced on FB that we were expecting. And for some reason ever since then, I have been a complete ball of nerves hoping that everything goes okay with this pregnancy. Our next appointment is next Monday. It's going to be torture waiting another whole week to find out if everything is still going well. Pray for a happy & healthy pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment