Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Last Week Home

This is my last week home with Evan before I have to go back to work.  I can't believe my 11 weeks is almost up.  The time has really flown by.  I keep hoping to win the lottery in the next few days, but I don't think it's going to happen.  Evan has slept from about 9pm to 6am for the last several nights in a row.  That is such a great trend & I hope he keeps it up for when I'm back at work. This week he has been busy trying to grab toys.  He still isn't quite grabbing them on purpose yet, but when he gets one, he doesn't like to let it go. They are now going toward his mouth when he grabs them, but his aim is a little bit off. 

He is eating 2 to 4 ounces with each feeding.  Today I tried him on a slow feed nipple on a regular bottle instead of his special nipples.  He did great with it!  So we are graduating to the regular bottles starting tomorrow. He has been using a nipple designed for cleft palate since he was born & did not tolerate the other nipples without choking. These special nipples are called "Y" nipples and are hard to put together so it will be nice to not have to put them together any more.

We practice tummy time every day.  He can no longer use the boppy as he likes to crawl up over it in about half a minute. So we have to do it on the floor now. He has some strong legs & they are ready to take him somewhere. He smiles every now & then now too.  Not as often as I would like him to, but he does smile.  I'm waiting for him to really start laughing along with his smiles.

I've had several cake orders the last couple of weeks and I have several more for this coming weekend.  Between the cakes and the baby, I have a full day. And here are some cute pictures for the week.








No comments:

Post a Comment