Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I was so thrilled to experience my first Mother's Day with my family here in town.  Billy, Mom, & Dad arrived Friday evening.  Dad picked up Kim in Atlanta on Saturday and brought her back here.  It was the first time Mom had all three of us together with her on Mother's Day in a long time. Evan is smiling more & more every day and gave everyone smiles this weekend.  He slept at least 7 or 8 hours both Friday and Saturday night.  It was so nice.  Although, I keep waking up throughout the night when I hear him making noises in his sleep. I do fall asleep more easily when I don't get up with him, so it's nice when he stays asleep.

Evan is learning to look at toys and grab them on purpose.  We're trying to get him to do it with more of a focus instead of when it happens to hit his hand. He grabbed a few toys this weekend.
Billy bought him a matching hat & blanket.  He is sporting the hat in this picture.

 Evan has some funny little grins.

 Papa liked making faces with Evan.

 We dedicated Evan at church on Sunday morning.  He woke up just a few minutes before church started so he was awake during the whole service.  I changed him right after the dedication hoping he would last through the service. He made it about 35 minutes and then started crying due to a wet diaper.  He almost made it through the service without fussing!  They have a nice changing room at the far end of the children's wing of the church.  I also fed him while we were in there and he went right to sleep in the car on the way to lunch.  We had a great lunch at the Rose Cottage where we snapped lots of pictures of us all dressed up.  I was hoping to get some pictures in the garden, but it rained all day.









 Grandmama & Papa got lots of smiles out of Evan this weekend.  Papa managed to capture them on the camera.


I have only one more week home with my little baby.  It's going to be hard to go back to work full time without being part of his daily schedule. I keep buying lottery tickets in hopes of winning big so I can stay home more with him. It's nice since I know his schedule & when he likes to eat, sleep, or play.  I hope he keeps up a good schedule so that he continues to sleep well at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment