Monday, March 24, 2014

Broken Nose

On Saturday, I obtained my fourth broken bone. Previously, I have broken both wrist bones and my right thumb. As I leaned down to pick up Evan on Saturday afternoon, he lifted his head at the same time, connecting with my nose. I heard a crunchy pop sound and felt immediate pain in my nose. There was no bleeding, but it sure did hurt a lot. I continued about my day and that evening told Vince I thought Evan may have broken my nose. It didn't look swollen or bruised, so I waited until the next morning to really be concerned. Sunday morning it had a slight red mark to it and was very painful when I tried to blow my nose. So Vince packed us all up and we headed over to Doctor's Care when they opened at 9am. After taking four x-rays and waiting for an hour and forty-five minutes (even though I was the second person there when they opened), it was concluded that I did indeed have a break. The doctor said it was a "stable fracture" that would not require setting. They sent me on my way with a disc of the x-rays and a referral to the ENT. I can't tell much from the x-rays, but here they are.
I'm waiting for the ENT appointment, which I'm sure will be one where he says "good luck. We can't do much for you." Now we have proof that Evan is indeed hard-headed. I wonder who he gets that from? Luckily, my nose doesn't really look broken.
It now has a slight bruise to it near the bridge. And just to make things more interesting, while slicing some cheese for sandwiches after returning from the clinic, my hand slipped down the knife and I cut the palm of my right hand. It was not too deep and luckily we did not have to go back to the doctor's office again. Too much fun for one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment