Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bath Time!

For the last few weeks, I've only given Evan a wash cloth bathing. We were not supposed to get him fully wet until his belly button fell off. It took his belly button forever to come all the way off. The big part came off in about a week. Then his doctor put medicine on it to make the little piece on the inside come off & it did, but then there was one more little piece left & his doctor put more medicine on it the 3rd week. Finally it all came out & his belly button can now get wet. We dug out his baby bathtub and hooded towels and got to work. This was definitely a two person job.

Evan loved his bath. He was fussy right before we put him in the water. But then he laid there and didn't fuss at all. He seemed to really like the warm water. He didn't fight us or kick either. He just relaxed right into it & let us bathe him.

Vince did the washing the first night & I did the drying.

For his second bath I did the bathing & Vince did the drying. He has some cute little hooded towels.

He doesn't so much like the drying off & getting cold part. But he really does like his bathing time. Each night he has been so relaxed afterward.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't wait to give all my babies a bath :) Its so fun!

    ReplyDelete