Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CWP Class

On Saturday, I attended an 8 1/2 hour CWP (concealed weapons permit) class. My mother-in-law, Barbara attended, along with her sister, Peggy & two nieces, Connie & Ginger. We had a very long day. The class was all lecture up until about noon. We brought our lunch & ate it outside when we all went outside for the shooting lesson. There were a total of 15 women in the class & all the others were Mary Kay consultants. The instructors were two Greenville Sheriff's deputies.

I had never shot a gun before (unless you count Duck Hunt on the old Nintendo game system). It was a great experience. We used semi-automatic .22 guns. It was light weight and easy to use. I shot 241 out of 250 (96%). I also learned that neither of my eyes focuses well on the target so I used my right eye & then had to adjust some to the right as I was shooting slightly left of the target X. They only let 3 or 4 shoot at a time & since there were 15 women, it took 3 hours for all of us to do the shooting portion. We sat in lawn chairs and ate our packed lunches.

Ginger & I shooting.

My souvenir.

Ginger & Connie

Peggy (far left shooter) & Barbara (wearing the holster) shooting.

The test was taken after we all were done shooting. I made a 100%. I learned lots of new things, but think I could have learned it all in about 1 hour as opposed to 8 1/2. I was so ready to go home by the end of the day. I should have my CWP in the mail in about 90 days.

That is the longest time I had left Evan. I left the house at 6:45am and did not get home until after 6pm. Vince watched him all day, with Jerry's help. They did a great job as Evan slept for 7 hours straight that night (his all time record). Since then, he's back to waking up every 3 hours. I'm hoping he starts sleeping longer soon.

He's lost a lot of hair already, and not just the little rubbed off spot on the back. He's lost a lot on top of his head as well. He looks like a balding little man. The new growth of hair is coming in, but it's very short now & looks darker to me. He can also roll over if propped up on a pillow. He can roll to either side from his tummy to his back. You can see him rolling here. He grabs all his toys a lot now & really focuses on getting things to his mouth now, including his thumb and hand. I can't believe how much he's done just this week. As of today, he weighs 8 lbs 1 oz! And his newborn clothes are getting tight on him. He's now ready for 0 - 3 months clothes. My little baby is growing!

1 comment:

  1. Its very common for newborn hair to fall out! I'm still waiting on Jocelyn's little mullet to fall out because it looks so different than the hair that's coming in!

    ReplyDelete