Friday, November 12, 2010

Food Contests

I've recently discovered several food contests that I can enter to win money. I applied last month for The Next Food Network Star, but I haven't heard anything back from them. I assume if I had been chosen as a finalist, they would've contacted me by now.


This week, Food Network posted a contest on Facebook. Each applicant can enter up to 5 video submissions for recipes using Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. I have submitted 3 of them so far. They will let me know in 5 - 7 days if the videos are accepted. Then starting in December, I have to get the public to vote for my videos to win. Once I know the website & info, I'll be passing it along to all my blogger readers, Facebook friends, family, etc. Then you guys will have to tell all your friends to vote for me to win.

In the meantime, if you'd like a sneak preview, I've posted all three videos on You Tube.

If you go to http://www.youtube.com/ and type in dodi1018 in the search bar, you'll see the three videos. Here's the link:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbJ0D2Jwp24


I think I sound very southern and sometimes the word I want to say just doesn't come out. For example, I keep wanting to say "golden color" and it comes out "golden flavor." What is a golden flavor anyway??? But it was fun to make the videos. I wish my kitchen was set up differently so I could look straight on at the camera while cooking. I have my back to the camera often so I can see what I'm doing.

One thing I found out is that you collect a lot of dirty dishes (mostly prep bowls) when you have to pour out everything from a labeled container. Lea & Perrins only wanted their name brand in the video. So I couldn't show Heinz ketchup or other name brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment