Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sunday Visit, Thanksgiving Tuesday

On Sunday evening, my Uncle Ken & Aunt Connie stopped by for a visit. We ate an early dinner at City Range. All four of us got the filet mignon and were not disappointed. That steak is so good there. I highly recommend it. It was nice to see family this past weekend. It was kind of strange to see them all since we didn't have to travel anywhere to see them.

On Tuesday night this week, I met up with the ZTA sorority sisters that live here in town. We met at one of the girl's houses and each brought a pot luck dish that reminds us of Thanksgiving. A few of us got that hint (some more than others). I brought sweet potato souffle and a dessert. Another girl brought turkey & dressing (no gravy...I really wanted some gravy). Then we had mushroom wraps, leek soup, Oreo balls, chips and corn salsa, and cheesecake. None of those reminded me of Thanksgiving, but they were good. The leek soup was surprisingly great. I got the recipe for that one.

Here's the dessert that I took.

I got this idea from mom last year. She & the kids made them at Christmas last year. They were so cute. I modified them a little for easy transportation. Here are the ingredients:
2 Oreo cookies
1 Rolo
1 Reese's mini peanut butter cup
6 slivered almonds (you can use candy corn, but the weight of them would probably fall out from transportation)
1/2 a candy corn (for the nose)
orange, chocolate, & white icing

No comments:

Post a Comment