Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sale Day

This morning Vince got up early with me & helped me load all the jams & jellies into the car, along with all the purses I spent hours upon hours making. We got to the church around 8:30am and unloaded the car. We set up my table with the jams & purses on 1/2 of it. I left the other 1/2 of the table for my friend Dawn to set up her knitted items. Vince went back home while I stayed to sell, sell, sell! Dawn arrived at 9am and the bazaar was open to shoppers.

I sold 27 of my over 70 jars of jelly/jam. I sold zero (none, nada, zilch) of my purses that I slaved over. No one even looked at them. I was also hoping I would sell at least 5 purses and 40 jars of jelly/jam. Selling 27 jars was okay, but not quite the level I was hoping for, but better than none.

I have to say that having Dawn to talk to all day was so great. The day just zipped right by & before I knew it, it was 2pm & time to pack up. Dawn sold several scarves, fingerless gloves, koozies, and hats. We traded a few items & I got a hat, gloves & koozie & she got some jams. I didn't really see anything else that I had to have this year. Usually I spend all the money I make on the other vendors that are there. This year, I only bought 1 $3 towel.
Dawn recommended that I join her at the Brookwood church bazaar in a few weeks to try & sell the rest of my wares. I'm most likely going to join her & then if that doesn't work, list them on http://www.etsy.com. Etsy is a website sort of like ebay but for homemade or vintage items only. Sounds like I have a great plan & hope I get all my items sold soon.
Vince picked me up at 2pm & I then had to deliver a cake for a sweet 16 birthday. It turned out so cute. Check it out on my cake blog. http://www.cakesbydodi.blogspot.com
(FYI, this week, Rachel finished working on my new layout for my regular cake website. It really looks fabulous & I think she did an awesome job. http://www.cakesbydodi.com).
This evening Vince & I used my birthday gift card for City Range & had a wonderful dinner. That is really one of my favorite restaurants. I could eat there every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment