Thursday, May 19, 2011

15 Years

This past Sunday, I celebrated my 15 year service anniversary with Milliken. In some ways it has really gone by fast. In other ways, it seems like a long time. There is some saying about how long the days are but how short the years are. That is so true. Some days really drag out & take for ever, yet the years are flying by.

For my service gift, I picked something very different than my 5 or 10 year gifts. Both of those gifts were crystal (vase, pitcher, glasses). I decided to get something that I've wanted forever, but would never buy myself...a telescope. Every time I hear about a planet that can be seen or an eclipse, or certain stars that are bright, I wish I had a telescope to really see them up close.

Thanks to Vince for helping me put it together! Now we just need it to stop raining so we can figure out how to use it. It did not come with any instructions. The assembly picture was just a picture of it put together. So bring on the stars & planets so we can figure it out in real time!

1 comment: