The event was held at 10am at the Piedmont Club. This is an exclusive country club. After I arrived, the event manager asked me if I had any business cards. She said folks are always asking her for cake recommendations. Woo hoo! Maybe I'll get some more business there.
Vince was kind enough to help me deliver all my cakes on Saturday. The mayor's cake was the heaviest so he used a wooden board to put it on and carry it. I also met another lady that lives on the east side at the Piedmont Club at the same time so she could pick up her birthday/Mother's Day cake. And then we delivered a birthday cake. It was a productive morning and I got my name passed around in some nice social circles.
For lunch, Vince and I headed to the Spring Fling. Now let me back up & say that we attended the bike races on Friday night. The bike races were fun & it was nice to hang out with Vince's parents and some friends we saw there.
Saturday, however, was a completely different story. We went to eat all the fair food for lunch at the Spring Fling. I have very few words to describe the atmosphere there. It was horrid. The crowd was completely different from Friday night. I don't honestly think anyone from Spartanburg was actually there. The people were shoulder to shoulder, pushy, and downright scary. We left after 5 minutes. I'm hoping next year will be very different.
wow, look at your business grow!! :) Soon you'll be able to quit your day job! :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe its a good thing we didn't go?? The kids were sad, though.