I can't believe Evan is already 2 1/2 weeks old. Let's focus on me for a minute...I'm still quite sore & remember it quite well on the days that I forget to take Advil. I'm wondering when the healing will be over & the stitches no longer hurt. I can sit so much better than I could just one week ago so I know that I'm getting better each week, but I'm ready to feel great & start working out. I can already wear some of my pre-pregnancy clothes & jeans, but I still have several inches in my waist to get rid of before things look right on me. Being able to pump the last two weeks helped as well. I also take an Epson salt bath twice a day. The baths feel great.
Now let's focus on Evan. Evan is such a good baby. We have been so blessed with his disposition. He cries mostly when he's wet and every now & then when he's tired. He has such strong muscle tone as well. He will kick himself up until his head touches the top of whatever bed he's laying in. He grabs everything in a death grip (including his face sometimes, which causes little scratches). His arms & legs move constantly when he's awake. He can turn over on his side (since he was 3 days old) so I'm just waiting for him to turn all the way over. His head moves back & forth so much he's wearing off some hair on the back of his head.
When he sleeps, he has to have one or both hands right up near his face, which is how I sleep as well. He sleeps at night really well - about 3 to 4 hours a stretch. He usually wakes up around 2pm and stays up until about 9pm, with just a cat nap or two in the afternoons. This helps him sleep so great at night. He's currently in a cradle in our bedroom so I can hear him & get to him easily. Soon we'll be putting him in his own room with the monitor, but not until I'm a little more comfortable leaving him in there all night.
He makes lots of cute noises from little kissing smacks to little pig snorts. His eyes are so focused and alert. He is never cross-eyed. He looks right at you or at other objects that keep his attention & he can follow things with his eyes. He is so cute! It was so nice having Vince at home the first two weeks with me. Vince went back to work this week so Evan & I have decided to get out & about a little bit. I'm still sore, so I haven't been doing too much, but it's nice to get out while everything is so pretty & in bloom. Evan is such a precious & loving baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment