Sunday, April 3, 2011

Beautiful Weekend

This weekend we had beautiful weather...finally! We did some yard work on the weeds that grew all week during the rain and sprayed for bugs inside & out. I baked a bit. Vince finished off my closet by hanging the closet door to open out instead of in. We just have a few holes to spackle from the old light fixture & old door hinges. Vince also changed the oil in my car & rotated my tires. Thanks Vince!

And I read...a lot. For hours...in my rocking chair...facing the window so I could see outside. I started reading Robin Hobb a while back when I downloaded a free e-book that looked interesting. Come to find out, Rachel told me it was the last in the series & I needed to back up about 9 books. I finished the 5th book this weekend. And started on the 6th. These are all each over 700 pages so it takes a while to get through them. She leaves a cliff hanger at the end of each one, so I have to immediately start the next book without taking a break.

So if you're looking for a good series to start that has lots of drama, dragons, pirates, and mystery, then I highly recommend Robin Hobb's book. I'm now reading Ship of Destiny. She has each of her series separated out into 3 books, but they are all tied together and should be read in order. I'm reading the last book of her 2nd series, so really book number 6. And since I love reading these books, I have to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment