Kim, John, Nathan, and Grayson arrived at Vince's parents house late Friday night. Mom, Dad, and Elise arrived at our house on Friday night. On Saturday morning, we all gathered at our house to head out for the day. Vince & I wanted to show them Reedy River Falls.
After a quick walk through the park, we ended up eating a late lunch at the Mellow Mushroom. None of them had eaten there before & the kids were really looking forward to it.
Saturday evening, we had a nice cookout with everyone and celebrated Vince's requested birthday foods: steak & lobster. I cooked the lobster and shrimp in a pot on the grill. I grilled out sirloin filets and baked potatoes. We also had some roasted corn and deviled eggs. And of course some cake balls for dessert.
On Sunday morning, the kids found their Easter baskets & had an Easter egg hunt inside the house. We enjoyed an Easter brunch comprised of a huge ham, hashbrown casserole, baked grits with cheese, bacon wrapped dates, grapes, biscuits, and homemade nectarine jelly.
Everyone left around 10am and after that, Vince & I hung out on the back porch for the rest of the day. I think my knees got a little sunburned, but it was such a pleasant day! I just had to get out in the sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment