Friday, February 5, 2010

Coupon Class

My friend Kaye & I attended a coupon class at my church last night. It was a nice hour long power point and discussion on how to get the best deal for your money at the grocery stores. The lady that presented owns her own company called The Organized Stork. She said she is a new mother and based the company name on helping other new mothers save time and money. Kaye & I are not new mothers, nor were most of the 25 women that attended last night.

In fact the seniors behind us were quite funny. At one point when the lady presenting was talking about the color red in ads creates excitement, one of the ladies behind me whispered "so does lingerie." But on to the lesson...

We learned that Publix doubles every coupon up to $.50 every day. They also have lots of BOGO (buy one get one free) products each week. And they take other stores' coupons as well. We also learned that Walmart, Sam's and Costco do not have the lowest prices (duh - I've been saying that for a while). She told us to check out unit price and look for coupons on certain websites as well.

The other thing that I need to do is register with UPromise. UPromise is a Sally Mae savings option that accrues money through manufacturing and store offers. You can then turn that money into an IRA or college saving fund. All you have to do is register each credit card and membership number (like your Bilo card number). Then go shopping & watch money accrue in your account. Most stores give 4 - 8% of your bill to the fund, if you're registered. UPromise also has coupons on their website that are virtual, so if you buy a product, you get $1 put in your account (versus $1 off at the store).

So clip your coupons, shop at Publix, and sign up for UPromise. BTW - on Saturday, I did this and saved $27 at Publix. They had mailed me a $5 coupon off your total order & I took all my newspaper coupons from Sunday's paper with me. I made my list before I went & took advantage of one of their BOGO products. Not a bad deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment