Monday, February 22, 2010

No more lease

Today I signed the papers for a loan to buy out my lease on the RAV4. This means that I now will own this car in a few years instead of having to trade it in or watch my mileage. Yippee!! The best part of this news is that Vince has not really wanted to work on a leased vehicle so now he can. My first installation will be a automatic car starter. Kim bought me one for Christmas, but I think we're going to have a place in Greenville install one. Woo hoo! This will be so nice in the cold & hot weather.

When getting a new loan, I did a bit of research on rates, value of the car, etc. Vince mentioned that credit unions have the best rates, so after getting a few high quotes, I finally joined a credit union. Everyone there is really friendly & they beat the competitors by a 1/2 percent. The other nice part about my car is that due to all the abundant recalls on the later versions, my RAV4 has increased a ton in value. The going rates for the same type car are up about $4000 from where they were 3 weeks ago. Nice.

I love my RAV4. It is soooo convenient when transporting cakes, luggage, groceries, and more. But the cake transition is the bomb. The back door is a barn door so it opens from the side (which is the best idea ever for short people that can't reach the other types of doors). The lighting in the back was rather poor so Vince installed a camping light that is bright & runs on a battery. Now I just have to think of more toys or gadgets for Vince to add on the RAV4.

No comments:

Post a Comment