This weekend is going to be one of my busiest ever for baking. I got several big orders this week including:
250 mini cupcakes - for a Yoga studio grand opening party
Ben 10 cake - cartoon birthday cake for a 5 year old boy
Tiara cake - birthday cake for a 4 year old girl
36 mini cupcakes - for a 12 year old's pre-bat mitzvah party
225 cake pops - for the same 12 year old's bat mitzvah
6 large miscellaneous cupcakes - for a tasting for a lady that wants to order 500 cupcakes for her son's bar mitzvah
I can't bake many of these too far ahead of time or they'll go stale, like the mini cupcakes. So last night I started baking the mini cupcakes due today and the two birthday cakes. I also did one cake that is the start for all the cake pop cakes I will bake.
My oven was on from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Vince was even sweet enough to run get me some more eggs. I used 21 eggs last night. I finished decorating all the mini cupcakes by 10:30pm. It was a long evening of standing on my feet, but I got a lot done. Tonight will be similar. Lots to decorate & bake! I'm going to need a massage very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment