Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chocolate Dental Cleaning

I went to the dentist today to have my teeth cleaned. Leah is my dental hygienist & does a fabulous job. She doesn't hurt me and has a gentle touch. Right before she started the polishing, I asked her what flavors she had. She mentioned traditional mint, strawberry, some other fruit flavors, and chocolate. Chocolate? That just sounded weird.

So I chose it. I just had to know if your mouth could feel clean with a chocolate taste. It was actually very pleasant. It tasted just like it, but right after she rinsed my mouth the flavor was gone. It reminded me of chewing gum. Once you spit it out, you don't really taste it anymore.

And the other strange thing is that is was dark brown. I asked her is she was polishing my teeth into a nice brown color. She said it washes away & it did. So I had nice white teeth afterward. And I made her & Dr. Beard pose for a picture.

As I checked out, I snapped a picture of the office manager, Jerod, but he made me promise not to put his picture on the web.

I got the only red toothbrush as I left. Leah told me Dr. Beard doesn't like the red ones because it reminds him of blood and he doesn't want people thinking of blood when they brush their teeth. Interesting aversion to red. I like red!

No comments:

Post a Comment