Friday, March 25, 2011

Baking Baking Baking

So over the last couple of months, my baking has really kept me busy. I used to have a week off here or there or sometimes two or three weeks off in a row. Now I hardly have three days off in a row. I have stayed busy non stop. It's been lots of fun using my fondant techniques. I am still working on perfecting them. Sometimes just when I think I did a great cake, I'll have a wrinkle on the next cake. But I still like practicing to make it better.

I am also staying busy with the cake pops. They're not my favorite to make because they are so time consuming. I mean they take forever. And almost every one of them cracks on the first dip. I've researched how to prevent the candy coating from cracking and have not had a lot of luck with some of their techniques to try. Mine still crack. I bought a type of wax shaving to use with the candy melts that is supposed to work well. I am also going to try to dip the cake balls after they come to room temperature. My only problem with that is that they may be too soft when they're not cold and may fall off the stick when dipping. So I'll keep trying to find out what can prevent the cake pops from cracking. And maybe one day I'll get faster at it. The end results are just too cute to not keep working on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment