Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Missing French Fry

Yesterday I had a board meeting for the Girl's Home during lunch. After the meeting, I swung through the drive-thru at McDonald's for a number 11 (Filet-O-Fish & fries). I ate the french fries in the car on the way back to work. After I arrived at work, I ate my sandwich.

We have a little bit of an issue with gnats here so I always try to throw my food bags away in the large bins on the other side of the room, which I did. I walked around the complex one or two times that afternoon to go see different people. When I got back to my desk, I kept smelling the french fries. Hmm...that's odd. I didn't even throw the bag away in my trash can...it was on the other side of the room. Gee, I guess that smell really lingers.

Around 5:15pm, after I left work, I drive to Michael's to use a 40% off coupon and get more cake decorating supplies. As I'm checking out, something kind of yellow catches my eye. I notice a large french fry sticking out of my dress jacket, between the two buttons I had fastened. Nice. So for the last 4 hours, I've been walking around with a french fry sticking out of my jacket. Not one person told me. And I smelled it all afternoon.

No, I did not eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment