Make rice krispie treats the day before you need to dip them in candy melts. Make sure you have enough baking pans to make a full batch of brownie pops at one time. Do as much prep work ahead of time as you can so that you have plenty of time to get everything done. This past weekend was very busy for me. I am still in complete shock at how many hours it took me to do 225 cake pops. It just didn't seem like it would take that long & yet it did. I baked all the cakes Friday night and one set of rice krispie treats. I also formed all the cake balls and had them in the fridge. I thought it would take an hour or so to do all the dipping & then I'd have the rest of Saturday to just relax.
7 hours later!!! I've never seen so many cake pops crack, fall off the stick, or just take forever to dip. I had one brownie pop pan, but it took me 4 times of cooking in it to finish baking the batch of brownies. And I made a batch of rice krispie treats Saturday morning & they didn't set as hard as the ones I made the night before.
So after all the time wasted on learning lessons, I finally got all the pops delivered & set up. They looked good. I wish I would've put some sprinkles or something cute on them, but she wanted just the basic, cheapest pop.
I grabbed a rice krispie treat for breakfast, a banana for lunch & then finally got to eat a regular dinner. I have never seen time fly by so fast in all my life. Vince even helped me melt some candy and put some boxes together for me. I think he could tell I was starting to panic. I hope he ate - I never stopped to notice if he did.
The next time I have a huge order to fill, I'm going to get a big head start & recruit some help!
No comments:
Post a Comment