Vince's Aunt Marie usually hosts an annual Christmas gathering each year at her house. This year, we decided to mix things up a bit and all go to the Biltmore. It also happened to be Vince's mom, Barbara's birthday. I got up early to deliver a cake at 8:30am on Saturday, then we left in two cars from my house around 9:30am. We arrived in time to eat lunch at the Stable Cafe before heading into the house at our 1:00pm entry time.
The Stable Cafe was so good & the service was excellent. As we walked over toward the house entrance, we noticed about 100 people in a very very long line. This was the 1:00pm entry line. I have never seen so many people in line to get in the house in all the 14 years I've been going to the Biltmore. I didn't see how everyone would fit in at one time, but somehow, by 1:15pm, we were all in the house. It was slow and steady inside the house. It took us almost 2 hours to take the tour. After a quick break in the stable courtyard, we decided to go over to Antler Hill Village. There were so many people in line for a bus ride to the car lots, that we decided to walk (and grab a picture).
At Antler Hill Village, I took a picture of the little cousins.
Then I took a quick tour of the Tiffany display, then we found Santa. He was a rather large Santa.
And since we were in Asheville, we drove over to the Grove Park Inn to see some of the gingerbread houses on display. We only saw about 1/2 of them, but the ones we saw gave me lots of good ideas for future cakes. This was a sleigh they had set up in the lobby for a great photo op.
We ended our day by driving back to Spartanburg and eating at Wade's. I had no desserts all day, but we did eat really great food.
No comments:
Post a Comment