Thursday, December 1, 2011

Week 25

Yesterday was my 25 week mark. Today I had my glucose screening and 25 week check up. I drank an orange liquid that reminded me of Orange Crush. It would have been good with ice cream! I thought it tasted okay. After I drank it, they took my blood pressure and weighed me. I've gained 11 pounds total so far. The baby's heart rate was 148, a little higher than last time (of course I just downed tons of sugar).

The doctor measured my stomach for the first time. She did it long ways. She said since I get regular ultrasounds, that this measurement won't be as important as someone who doesn't get ultrasounds. This is the third doctor that has mentioned taking the baby at 39 weeks due to my advanced maternal age. I told her I really liked my 3.14 due date, so we'll see.

At about 5 til 5pm, they pricked my finger and showed that I failed my glucose test. The tolerance level is 140. I scored 163. Now to be fair, they're supposed to wait one hour. I didn't finish the glucose until 4:10pm so in my estimate, they were about 15 minutes shy of the one hour mark. I wonder what my score would've been had they waited. They also tested my hemoglobin. It's supposed to be at least 11 and I scored a 10.1 so my iron was low. They suggested I get Slow FE as a supplement to help.

So I get to go back Monday morning to the doctor at 8:15am to take the 3 hour glucose test. Most women that fail the first 1 hour test, do fine on the 3 hour test. However, diabetes does run in my family so it won't surprise me if I fail it, too. But I'm really hoping I don't fail it.

My next appointment will be week 28 when I have my next ultrasound. They will then give me
a chart to track the baby's movements daily. Today his movements have included turning flips and playing bongo drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment