Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week 28 Visit

Tomorrow I'll be 28 weeks pregnant! Yesterday we went to my OB to get a growth ultrasound done. I invited Vince's parents so they could see it in person. Vince did a great job getting the video of the ultrasound. The baby had hiccups during the ultrasound. He also opened his mouth some and was moving his feet down near his head. I put the video here on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16AjkG3OGg&list=UUm59VTzUXFL0AdV57mUNZXA&index=1&feature=plcp
The tech printed out some great pictures. My favorite is the picture of his face.

I've gained a total of 14 pounds. The baby's heart rate was 133. He is now 2.5 pounds and in the 44th percentile (which is right on target). He's not measuring too big, which is great since I have gestational diabetes. My blood pressure and protein levels were great. I asked the doctor again about swelling feet and she said some people just swell. She also gave me a copy of my medical records in case we travel. It's much easier to take them with me than to have to call and try to get them later. They also told me I have to count kicks every day. In a 2 hour period, I have to feel him kick or move 10 times. Yesterday he kicked 10 times in a 30 second period, so I think he's going to beat the curve on that one.


I go back in 3 weeks for my next visit at 31 weeks and another growth ultrasound. Then after that, I have to go once a week.

1 comment: