Monday, December 12, 2011

Elephant Feet

This past weekend is somewhat of a blur. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. On Friday evening, I got my hair done at the salon. I was in the chair for about 3 hours with my feet dangling down. Apparantly when your body is producing 25% more blood & fluids for a baby, all the fluids go to your feet if they dangle. My shoes kept feeling tighter & tighter throughout the evening. Mind you, I was wearing a size 6 shoe, which is one size bigger than my normal size 5, so if they were getting tight, I knew I was in for it. Vince's reaction was priceless when he helped me get my socks off that night. It didn't even look like a human foot.





So on Saturday morning, I decided to keep my feet propped up as much as possbile. I still managed to bake a cake, make cake pops, and make Rolo brownie bites for Vince's work party that evening. I also finished decorating and delivered a large cake to the Big Brother Big Sister Christmas party that day.

As our afternoon break, my friend Jessie came over to do our first photo shoot (besides the pics from our wedding). We spent a nice afternoon outdoors taking some pictures. I can't wait to see them! Jessie is due 2 months before me so we were one of her last photo shoots before she has her baby in January. I had Vince get a picture of our baby bumps. Thanks Jessie!


That evening, we attended Vince's work party. The food was catered by the Rose Cottage. It was so good. The desserts were catered by me (of which I had none due to not being able to have sugar). We had a great time and enjoyed visiting with folks and watching people try to sing karaoke. I forgot to take any pictures.


On Sunday, I started baking 300 cupcakes that I have to do for Mary Black Hospital. They are kicking off a new robotics program so they wanted robot themed cupcakes. I baked for several hours and then Vince & I took a break and went to my friend Qiong's house. She has a 4 year old boy and gave us lots of baby items. We got a swing, 2 sitting activity things, a baby carrier, and more. Thanks Qiong!!!


I then came back and baked some more and then took another break to go to my book club party. We each took a book for our dirty Santa game. We were supposed to read The Night Circus. I got about 200 pages read. Only one girl finished the book. We are a very poor book club. None of us read the book last month, but we have a fun time talking. We also took some pictures at the Hyatt in Greenville.


Dawn & I are due 2 days apart. She's carrying twins (boy & girl). We posed for our (almost) 27 week picture.

This is Dawn with her husband Eric. I went to Tennessee Tech University with both of them. They now live in Easley.


These are some of the girls in the book club. 2 of them were missing due to other committments.


Our gangster pose.

And one of my favorite pictures. Can you spot me creeping in this picture?


By Sunday night, this is what my table looked like with the 300 cupcakes ready for decoration.

By 10:30pm Sunday night. all cupcakes were decorated and boxed up ready for delivery. Tonight I have my ZTA alumnae party at my house. I baked a sugar free apple cake and have cake pops, divinity, and a few cupcakes all ready for it. I'm really hoping the sugar free apple cake tastes great.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your BP has been great this entire time!

    ReplyDelete