Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Night

I surprised Vince for Valentine's night by taking him to my work. We have a guest house that has an executive chef and full dining staff that is probably rated better than any restaurant in all of Spartanburg. My friend LaDonna and her main man, Jorge joined us. We were allowed to go to dinner due to our hard work on the United Way & March of Dimes campaign this past year. It was on the house, which is even better.

When we first arrived, we relaxed in the sitting area of the library. It was very cozy. They brought us appetizers of quesadillas, deviled eggs, and fried oysters.
Then we moved to the dining table and started our main meal. We had a great salad, potato & leek soup, and a bread plate that had crackers and cheese sticks on it with butter. I devoured all of this. Then they brought out our filet mignon and au gratin potatoes. That was the best steak I think I've ever eaten. It was sooo good.
Then I just kept eating and ate dessert as well. I have stuck to my diabetic diet really well, but this was not the night for a diet. The dessert was a layered chocolate mouse with a sponge cake, cocoa pebbles cereal, and chocolate wafer. It was really really good.

I cleaned every plate I had for each course and probably could have eaten it all over again. This baby is a bottomless pit these days. He's definitely using more calories during these last few weeks.

After dinner we toured the rest of the main building & got a picture.
Vince brought me the two dozen roses that are so pretty! He finds the prettiest flowers each year. I gave him a knife he had been wanting.
I love my wonderful baby daddy! Vince is the best husband ever. We had a lovely Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment