I had to make & deliver a toilet bowl cake today. A 12 year old boy thought it would be funny to have a cake that looked like a toilet for his birthday. His mother isn't one to spend a lot of money, so I kept the shape of the cake pretty basic & only used buttercream icing. I know it could have looked so much better if I used different shapes and fondant, but I had to keep it within her budget. It turned out a little bit larger than I wanted it to, but the overall effect was still cute.
After I delivered the cake, Vince & I packed a picnic lunch and went to Asheville. We got there around 2:45pm. I was starving! I had only eaten a banana for breakfast, so I was ready to eat. We set up camp at the Biltmore near the big pond. After setting out the chairs and sitting down to eat, I realized it was much colder than I thought it would be. For some reason I was thinking it would be 75 degrees today. It was only about 60 degrees in Asheville. After a few minutes of eating and admiring the geese on the pond, I went back to finish eating in the car.
We then went over to Antler Hill Village & the new Antler Hill Farm. It was the first time we had been to the farm area. They have new buildings open (well, they're actually very old buildings where 16 horses were once stabled). I love going to the Biltmore & finding something new every time. It was a nice day & we strolled unhurried through the stores. I came home with some black cherry mix that I'm sure will be great in a future cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment