Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Phone Home

Does anyone use their home phone these days? Yeah, me. I actually still use mine - not to dial out or receive calls, but to list as my number on all my accounts that need a phone number, but that I don't want using minutes on my cell phone. I know it sounds odd to pay for a service so I don't have to pay for minutes on another service, but it's very basic service. And not that I think any of my service companies (such as TV, natural gas, power) are selling my phone number, but I continue to get spam calls even after listing my name on the do not call list.

So in order to have a bit of fun with it, Vince & I try to answer the phone in the most unusual accents we can come up with. 90% of the time, it's a spam call, but every now & then we get burned on it. My sister's mother-in-law calls me about once every 3 months so she gets to hear us answer in an unusual manner. And my dad has called the house number about 2 times this past year, but most everyone I know calls my cell phone. Since I don't pay for my home caller id, we just take a gamble that we're answering a call from someone in another country trying to sell me something.

I find that most sales folks will hang up if you speak with a thick accent & answer questions very wrong. We can almost get them to hang up in less than 30 seconds. So if you need a great game to play with your family, feel free to play the home phone game like we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment