I have lived in Spartanburg, SC for almost 15 years now. That seems like a very long time, but it doesn't really seem like it's been that long. There are so many restaurants in Spartanburg that I want to visit or take people to visit and rarely ever do. The Skillet is a neat little hole-in-the-wall restaurant downtown that I've been to less than 5 times in my life. I took dad there a few months ago when he was here. I finally took Vince there this past weekend for breakfast. They are old school when it comes to cooking. It's all butter and grease on a very seasoned skillet. It makes for some killer bacon. We both ordered meals that were heavy on the protein, light on the carbs. But I'm pretty sure the butter made up the difference for our healthy selections.

Across the street is a restaurant called Simple Simon. I have never eaten there, but maybe will get there in the next 15 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment