The alumnae group of girls are from all over as well. At first I thought it would be all Wofford girls & I wouldn't fit in their circle, but it's girls from all over & we all have a wonderful time together. All different age groups are represented and all different schools.
We had an alumnae get together on Friday night before Zeta Day. The lady that hosted is a Zeta who graduated in the 60s from the University of Tennessee. She lives right here in Spartanburg (in a ginormous house in the middle of nowhere). It was a great event and I got to meet alumnae from all over the state.

On Saturday, I helped sell raffle tickets for 12 different door prizes (gift baskets). Each chapter & alumnae group was encouraged to bring a basket to raffle off. I also helped count the money near the end of the day. The guest speaker was Geralyn Lucas. She was a great speaker. Her message was to all the girls to get regular screenings for breast cancer. Here is the video we watched before she spoke. http://www.whyiworelipstick.com/
She is an author of the book Why I Wore Lipstick To My Mastectomy. It was also turned into a movie. I haven't watched it, but I now want to.
All the colleges had to compete for the spirit stick all day, so many times it was loud like a cheerleading camp. That was my least favorite part, next to the 2 hour award ceremony that reminded me of a long college graduation. Overall, we had a good time & it was just fun hanginig out with other Zetas & feeling young again.
No comments:
Post a Comment