Wednesday, February 22, 2012

37 Weeks Today!

I'm officially considered full term now that I'm 37 weeks. That makes me 9 months pregnant. I've actually been feeling really great the last couple of weeks. I'm still not sleeping well, but it's due to acid reflux (which is getting worse every day) and being stuffed up (which is worse as well). If I could breathe without having bile in my throat at night, I'd sleep great. The baby doesn't keep me awake nor does going potty (which I usually do only 1 or 2 times a night). The carpal tunnel in my right wrist is still really bad as well. These are 3 symptoms I'll be glad to get rid of. This week I've also had a very itchy belly (from stretching & growing - I keep putting lotion on it like crazy). My feet actually haven't been swelling as much & the bottoms of them don't hurt like they did in my second trimester. But I do have some blood vessels that have ruptured in them like tiny little bruises. I also have to get up slowly or my left sciatic nerve will spasm. Once I get up & walking, it goes away. It's the first couple steps that get me.

The fun symptoms like the baby moving and having a big belly will be missed. Although, it will be nice to fit in regular clothes & shoes again.

We finished our 2nd of 3 prenatal classes last night. We go one more time next Tuesday night for the full tour. The nurse teaching the classes works in L&D and has for 40 years so she has lots of experience. I was kind of hoping she would provide milkshakes for us each week, but she hasn't so we have to eat really fast when Vince gets home to get there in time for class.

And this last weekend we bought our first piece of furniture to start on remodeling our living room. We went to IKEA & didn't buy anything. It was an interesting store & had some great storage solutions, but nothing really jumped out at us. We stopped at the Rug & Home store in Gaffney on the way home from IKEA & found just what we wanted for our future flat screen TV. It's a nice buffet cabinet with storage and a place for the DVD & cable boxes. It's solid wood (Bella maybe?) from India with some nice carvings on it. I can't wait to see what our room will look like after we re-do it.

1 comment:

  1. you just reminded me why I don't miss being pregnant! I can breathe and pee again! :)

    ReplyDelete