Do you ever have lots to do and it all comes at you at once? That's what this coming weekend and next week feel like to me. I've been planning my friend, Hope's wedding shower for a couple of weeks now. It will be at my house on Saturday afternoon & I'm providing the cake or cupcakes. This will take place right after I deliver a cake to someone at noon. And I had a friend of mine from work that passed away today from cancer. His funeral is also on Saturday at 4pm. I will have to miss it due to the wedding shower. Jim was an awesome Christian man and I always looked forward to seeing him as a shephard in the local Christmas play each year. He will be sorely missed.
Next Tuesday, I am hosting a baby shower for my friends Julie & Jennifer. It will be a luncheon for all the work folks to attend. So I will need to go baby shopping soon and get cake or cupcakes ready for that event. Tuesday evening, we have our sorority ZTA recruiting event & I'm providing cupcakes for that event as well. Lots of baking going on in the next several days. I'm kind of leaning towards doing cupcakes for each event instead of a cake. I'd like to get some cupcake pictures out on my website & experiment more with them. They are very popular & trendy these days.
I also am trying to get through the second book of The Hunger Games triology called Catching Fire. It's a great series & hard to put down. I also need to start sewing some more purses for the Santa Workshop at the end of November. I got my sewing machine out & put it in the middle of the living room floor so it would beckon me to sew. I'm just sure I will start sewing really soon. I think I have enough jams & jellies now to take to the same event & sell. I never know if I will sell out, bring it all back home, or something in between.
And one of these days, I'm going to start exercising again so I don't get winded climbing up Chimney Rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment