On Saturday, I went to my friend, Hope's wedding. I made the wedding cake so I wanted to get there early and put the finishing touches on it (add the roses & leaves). When I arrived, the church gym was decorated so beautifully, but it was so hot in there. The church staff did not turn on the air for them the night before. My cake immediately started to melt. I was so not prepared for a melting cake. You could literally see the icing start to turn to liquid in some places. I had to push the shell borders back up on top of each layer.
As the gym started cooling off, the cake kept it's shape and the icing. Whew! Every time I've done a wedding cake, I always say I'll never do another one. It's a lot of pressure to make a perfect cake for the bride's big day. So remind me again that I dont' want to do wedding cakes. I made it up to the ceremony with 5 minutes to spare. During the entire ceremony, I crossed my fingers that the cake would be okay and not a disaster when I went back down to the gym. I was so glad that the cake stayed pretty & the bride loved it. I got lots of compliments on the taste as well.
While I was playing in the sweat shop at the church, Vince was at home dealing with a thief. Someone used his PayPal account to buy a $434 phone. He was still in detective mode when I left to go to the wedding. Hopefully, he'll get his money back quickly (the website said 10 days). Luckily, we know who the seller on ebay was, who the buyer was, her address, and the last place he used the account (which happened to be nearby in a town near the buyer). All I have to say is buyer beware.
I can't wait to see pics of the cake!
ReplyDelete