Monday, September 6, 2010

Creative Tastes & Movie





On Saturday night, Vince & I headed to downtown Spartanburg for their annual Creative Tastes events. There are several vendors down there with miscellaneous items, but most of them are all related to food somehow. Then there are the restaurants that have tents set up to sell some of their food samples for $3 - $5. We sampled some of the food from City Range and Lime Leaf (Thai food). I also got a lemonade from a hot dog vendor. We walked around downtown and even toured the brewery for $5. They had several bands playing at different stations but it didn't seem like as many vendors as last year. And the food was good, but it seemed like everyone had a BBQ idea. I was hoping for more unique foods than that. Vince had a crab cake and some shrimp while I had BBQ and corn on the cob. We liked some of the water features and statues downtown as well. Well, maybe not all of the statues like this one in the window of the local art store. Um, what?

Sunday evening, we went to see The Girl Who Played With Fire. This is the 2nd of 3 movies based on books by a Swedish author. It's definitely not for children. The movie was long, but fast paced & kept our attention...mostly because we had to read subtitles while listening to the Swedish dialect. I can't wait to see the 3rd movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment