Vince & I worked most all of day Saturday & all day Sunday around the house. I finished getting all the Christmas decorations packed away. I cleaned the kitchen and the carpets. Vince changed his oil in his car & got his new car piece put on it that he got for Christmas. We straightened up the house and went through all sorts of things. We ended up with several bags for Goodwill and way too many trash bags for our container. We definitely cleaned house in a spring cleaning sort of way (even though it's winter).
Vince took our old dishwasher to the Salvation Army while I got my hair done. I sorted all my wrapping paper, bows, and bags (which was a ton). Vince spent most of his time in our attic. We bought some 2x4s and some plywood to lay down more flooring in the attic. Now that it has a ladder and an "elevator" (the winch Vince installed), we can more easily get things in & out of it...only there was not much space to put things as the flooring was limited. He worked until really late Saturday night & all Sunday afternoon/evening getting the flooring done. I sorted through a lot of the plastic totes and threw away a lot of stuff. We labeled every tote and organized them neatly in the attic. There is so much more room up there now! He did a great job!
I went through all the baby things we received and clipped all the tags off of them. I organized the outfits by size. We'll wash these in a couple of weeks after we get the baby's closet reorganized. The closet currently has one wire rack in it on both the left side & one on the right side. We'd like to have two on the left & shelves on the right. So that will be our next big project before the baby gets here. The good thing is that Vince moved the door this weekend to open toward the outside instead toward the inside of the closet. One more thing marked off the list!
you were so much more productive than I was!
ReplyDelete