On Friday, Vince's co-workers all brought food in. The condition was set that the person bringing it had to be the one to make it. I was told I could not make food for him to bring. Vince gave me the coolest ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid for Christmas. He was the first one to use it. He decided on raspberry sorbet. He actually ended up making raspberry muscadine sorbet as raspberries are quite expensive during off season & we still had some muscadines to use in the freezer.
The recipe called for pureed fruit and simple syrup. So Vince learned how to puree and how to make simple syrup.
The sorbet turned out great! The only problem was that in one tiny little scoop, it had 57 carbs, so I couldn't have any.
And for fun, I did happen to have some extra chocolate cake batter from a cake I was making, so he took 12 cupcakes along with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment