Monday, January 18, 2010

Biltmore in the rain

Dad, Nathan, Vince & I traveled up to Asheville to visit the Biltmore on Sunday. It was foggy on the way up there and misting rain when we got there. However, it was not that crowded and we were able to get into the house and through it with no problems. We ate at the Stable Cafe when we first arrived. They have excellent food and quick, efficient service. For the first time, I noticed a loft area upstairs above the restaurant. Come to find out, there is another restaurant up there that they open during the summer. In all my years, I never noticed it. Just goes to show that each time I go, I see something new and different.

Nathan told us that his house would be 22.5 times bigger than the Biltmore when he grows up. He said it would be more modern & have all kinds of technology in it. He had never been to the Biltmore before. I think the bowling alley was his biggest surprise.

I wish we had off Monday for MLK, Jr. day. But, alas, off to work we go. Happy MLK, Jr. day!

No comments:

Post a Comment