Friday, January 22, 2010

So Glad It's Friday!

This was a long week. I'm so glad the weekend is upon us. I did the P90X Legs & Back today as soon as I got home. If I come straight home & work out, I am more motivated to work out. If I dawdle or go somewhere else first, I tend to not want to work out. So far I've been very dedicated this week.

All my life I've been skinny and able to eat anything I want. Somehow in the last year and a half, my metabolism has come to a screeching halt and it is harder & harder to get in shape. After 3 weeks (2 weeks of Jillian & 1 of P90X), I expected to start seeing results. Nope. Nothing yet. However, I do have endurance & can get through the exercises. I just don't see a change in weight or body tone yet.

I will keep pursuing this workout for the next month & hopefully will start to see some results. I haven't gone cold turkey on carbs, but I have cut way back and am trying to eat less sugar as well.

I haven't had gel nails on my fingernails since October. My nails are finally about grown out. They keep wanting to peel some, but they're stronger now & I'm used to not having the thicker nails now. I also haven't had a staph infection since this past July. I'm hoping that with really good hygeine habits and no fake nails, that I won't get anymore infections. I always use a wipe when using a buggy at the store or when pumping gas. I also am careful to touch door handles in the least used spot. In any case, I've been healthy & am trying my best to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment