Saturday, July 10, 2010

Berry Pickin' & Light Bulb Fixin'


This morning I went to the Johnson's Brothers Farm to pick some blackberries & blueberries for some jam. One of the brother's sons is named Baron. He grows the berry patch. There was noone around, which was surprising. Usually there are hired workers picking throughout the whole season & there were a million ripe berries. I filled up 1 1/2 gallons just by picking 1/2 of one row of blackberries. Of course I sprayed lots of Off on me & I wore thick rubber gloves. The bugs weren't too bad this year. I saw several bees, but not many other flying insects.
This was the only row that I picked from, but below, I took a picture of all the different rows. There had to be a million berries there.
After picking the berries, I paid my money into the container under the covered area. It's basically an honor system. I could barely read the board, but could tell it had gone up since last year. The cost was $13 for a self-picked gallon of blackberries.
I tried to pick some blueberries, but they were so small this year & it would've taken me two hours to fill up a bucket. I just picked a few & added them to the blackberry bucket.
When I returned from berry picking, Vince started working on a few other projects. My microwave has 2 small lights that lasted about 1 year since the last time Vince replaced them. Each time, the bulb comes apart from the screw & Vince has to literally take it apart to get the little screw part of the bulb out of the socket.
Vince's other project today is to replace the window motor in his passenger side door.

No comments:

Post a Comment