Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Storage Areas

I love to cook, bake, and do so many things in the kitchen. My addictions tend to be anything related to kitchens (appliances, pans, utensils, etc.). The problem is I love them all & I use them all (or would like to more often). If I could design a dream kitchen, I would have an huge hidden closet where I pressed the button of the appliance I needed & it would pop out on my counter. This would be great for my crock-pot, blender, stand mixer, pizza maker, toaster oven, and more. I would also have 50 cabinets that were movable so I wouldn't have to climb up & down on my stool all day to get everything I needed. And my cabinet doors would be wide enough to fit my plates.
And while I'm dreaming, I would have a separate room for canning all my jams & jellies. It would hold all the supplies and the finished goods. My other dream room would be a cake decorating storage room. I currently have an indoor storage area & a garage storage area for my cake things (& a few bigger appliances). The indoor area has things that need to stay inside such as cake boards, decorating tips, and colors. The outdoor area has mostly pans. Yes, I have to wash them each time I use them.


My bigger appliances include a deep fry vat, large crock-pot oven, George Forman grill, fondue kit, ice cream maker, popcorn popper, and more. It's a really good thing I didn't grow up in the 1800s with a 2 room cabin or most of my family would be sleeping outside to make room for all my stuff.
I may wake up from my dream soon, but I hope to envision huge room-sized closets before I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment