What do ogres & onions have in common? Layers of appeal! On the way home from Florida, Vince & I grabbed a 5 pound bag of Vidalia onions. For those of you that know me, know that I do not like onions. However, Vince loves them. So in order to get the most use out of 5 lbs of onions, I've been coming up with recipes to use them.
My first meal was chicken stir fry with peppers and onions. My second meal was crockpot beef brisket with onions and celery. Tonight's meal is my chicken pecan quiche with onions (I left the onions off my piece of the pie). Do you know there is a website devoted strictly to recipes using Vidalia onions? (http://www.vidaliaonion.org) I actually lifted the riddle above from that website, although I distinctly recall a similar riddle in Shrek.
If you have a favorite meal with onions, please let me know. Meanwhile, I'll keep creating my own masterpieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment