And the award goes to.....the idiot neighbor! Congratulations neighbor. This neighbor earned this award by trying to burn down the whole neighborhood.
Vince & I came home Sunday from church around 12:30pm and noticed the houses across the street had black back yards and people were moving sprinklers around all over the yard.
After asking his kid what happened, we found out that his dad was burning "dead grass" in their back yard & it accidentally spread. The two neighbors directly across the street from me now have black back yards. His house backed up to their back yards. He also charred his next door neighbor's fence.
The point to note is that we don't have dead grass, it's dormant Bermuda grass that turns green in the spring. It's also sod, not seed, so it shouldn't be burned. Sod is expensive. I hope he has good insurance. The last time I checked, he is not a farmer that needs to put nutrients back in the soil from a good crop burn in order to plant crops for the next year.
I managed to get a few good pictures of the black grass. The award winner owns the hill. His property ends right at the end of the hill. Congratulations neighbor! Job well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment